5 CPD hours
5 CPD hours
Registration & Virtual Orientation
Opening keynote – Building up your leadership teams
HR leaders should concentrate on developing internal leaders to help create a sense of meaning for employees. As a result, action plans are the cornerstone that gives teams the opportunity to thrive in their role.
- Create a system to ensure feedback is turned into action
- How managers can make their data accessible and actionable
- Building up a high performance culture
- How to retain top talent?
Director, HR Business Partner , Netflix
Rebuilding Your Culture in a Hybrid WorldBrought to you by:
After an alarming year of disruption and fragmentation, employees are feeling more disconnected than ever. Organizations must intentionally reconnect their people amid the next great disruptor: the return to the office. Join Meghan Stettler of the O.C. Tanner Institute as she uncovers the vital connections people need to thrive and key strategies to make the hybrid model work for your organization.
- Which aspects of culture matter most to employees—from their perspective
- Why a personalized hybrid work model reinforces culture and retains talent
- How organizations can build workplaces where trust, appreciation, and opportunity flourish
Panel: Mental and physical wellness in a remote-first worldBrought to you by:
The changes that have been forged through a chaotic year are not only here to stay, but they have had an impact on our wellbeing. Businesses must search for ways to support their employees’ overall wellness, while remaining productive in their work. This session will look at:
- What strategies have companies put in place to respond to the mental and physical health challenges of an employee?
- How to measure ROI on mental health programs and practices
- Developing wellbeing tools for remote and in-person workers that enhance engagement and productivity
- How are employers addressing mental, physical, and financial wellness challenges?
- How HR leaders can find our own ways to rest and recharge
Associate Professor , Bissett School of Business
AVP, Talent Development , Aviva Canada
Director, Change and Organization Development , Hydro Ottawa
Executive Director, Equity at Work Council , VP, Human Insights, UKG
Sr Director, HR Business Relations , Nutrien
Morning coffee and networking break
Afternoon keynote session – Hybrid work is here to stay: Best practices for your organization
The world of work has been transformed by the pandemic, and whether we like it or not, organizations must adapt. This session will explore strategies that successful businesses have put in place to create a flourishing, hybrid culture.
- Opportunities and risks of a flexible workforce
- Redesigning your meeting spaces to maximize engagement
- Rethinking coffee chats and informal meetings
- How to build resilience in your remote and in-person workforce
Head of HR , Microsoft
Panel: How can HR professionals support the CEO’s vision?Brought to you by:
Over the last 18 months, CEOs around the world have transformed their corporate strategies and embraced workforce digitalization and flexibility. This session will explore how HR fits into the bigger picture of a firm’s vision and how best you can support this as a leader.
- What are the top priorities of Canadian CEOs in 2021?
- How can HR leaders help clarify an organization’s value, purpose and vision?
- Embedding your CEO’s vision into your HR strategies
- How can we identify key talent roles and use them to create value?
Vice President, Client Relationship – Health Solutions , Aon
Global HR Director , Shopify
Director, HR Business Partner , Audible
Lunch and networking break
Breakout session: How a responsive and agile HR plan turns challenges into opportunities
Brought to you by:
When Rob Henderson took over as president and CEO of BioTalent Canada in 2011, the organization was at a crossroads. The organization had to find a new way to move forward or shut down operations. Rob faced this challenge head on and transformed BioTalent Canada into a customer focused sales organization, in-demand partner, policy influencer, and project leader that brings together the largest national bio-economy network in Canada.
- Learn about the strategies Rob implemented to grow BioTalent Canada in both head count and national profile.
- Ten years on, BioTalent Canada—in the face of a pandemic—adapted the way the organization operates to respond to, and support, the unique needs of its staff.
- The result: a banner year for BioTalent Canada in terms of performance and growth. This is a true rags to riches Canadian business success story and the model for turning challenges into opportunity.
President / CEO , BioTalent
Panel: Building an all-inclusive and equitable leadershipBrought to you by:
Building inclusive leadership practices is essential for cultivating positive change in any organization. In our current climate, it’s imperative for leaders to bring people together and leverage the power of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Hear from our panel, as they share their perspectives and insights on promoting inclusion.
- How can people analytics advance and drive DEI initiatives?
- How can companies encourage and embrace inclusive leadership?
- How are leaders adjusting to align with an inclusive leadership strategy?
- Linking employee wellbeing to your DEI focus
- Customizing your communication approach for different employee groups
Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer , WRKOUT Media
Chief Diversity Officer , Randstad, Canada
Chief Diversity Officer & Vice-President, Corporate Services , Canadian Marketing Association
Managing Director and Head of HR , RBC Royal Bank
Wello CRO & President , Wello
Founder , The Leadership Agency
Panel: Attracting, retaining, and engaging top talentBrought to you by:
Employers face increasing competition for top talent, with highly skilled employees being headhunted by overseas employers for remote roles.
- How do leaders conduct employee consultations to address dissatisfaction?
- Successful development and progression opportunities
- Best practices for recognizing employee achievements
- How do you develop and promote strong leaders internally?
SVP & Chief People and Culture Officer , Wawanesa Insurance
Partner , Mercer
Employee Engagement Evangelist , Achievers